I am passionate about clean energy and education. With decades of experience in fuel cell industry and now in academia, my goal is to help achieve zero-emission future.
Women in Green Hydrogen Network gives an opportunity to work together across borders.
I have spent more than 20 years in the clean energy sector. My PhD is from the University of British Columbia, in Vancouver, Canada, where I worked for 7 years in Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation, a joint venture of Ford and Daimler. Since 2018 I am an Assistant Professor at the University of Connecticut, US, where my research focus is in clean energy, advanced characterization of fuel cells, electrolyzers and batteries, and nature inspired design of materials. I am also a mother of three amazing kids, who are also passionate about making this world a better place.
1. J. Jankovic, Latest advances in 2D and 3D microstructural characterizations of electrodes and MEAs for fuel cells, 236 ECS conference, Atlanta, GA, October 2019 (invited plenary).
2. J. Jankovic, Overview of UConn Activities in the Area of Fabrication and Characterization of Fuel Cells and Electrolyzers, Advanced Manufacturing and Characterization of Fuel Cells and Electrolyzers Workshop, University of Connecticut, September 2019 (organizer).
3. J. Jankovic, N. Ge, R. Banerjee, D. Muirhead, J. Lee, H. Liu, P. Shrestha, A. Wong, M. Tam, D. Susac, J. Stumper and A. Bazylak, (invited) Operando measurements and visualization of water distribution in PEMFCs at high current densities, 8th International Conference on Fundamentals and Development of Fuel Cells, Nantes, February 2019 (invited, oral).
4. J. Jankovic, 2D and 3D characterization of fuel cell catalyst layers on multiple scales, Electrochemical Discussions: latest insights on PGM-free catalysts for Energy Systems and Fuel Cells, Turin, Italy, February 2019 (invited, oral).
1. C. Wang, M. Ricketts, A. P. Soleymani, J. Jankovic, J. Waldecker, J. Chen, Effect of Carbon Support Characteristics on Fuel Cell Durability in Accelerated Stress Testing, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, (accepted), JES-103238 (2021).
2. C. Wang, M. Ricketts, A. Peyman Soleymani, J. Jankovic, J. Waldecker, J. Chen, Improved Carbon Corrosion and Platinum Dissolution Durability in Automotive Fuel Cell Startup and Shutdown Operation, Journal of The Electrochemical Society 168 (3), 034503.
3. S. Pedram, K. Yapp, M. Batool, J. Jankovic, Bio-inspired designs for fuel cell applications – Review, Advanced Energy Materials, (accepted) aenm.202003728 (2021).
5. A. Tang, L. Crisci, J. Jankovic, Fuel cell bipolar plates – designs, materials and fabrication – Review, Journal of renewable and sustainable energy, (accepted) JRSE20-RV-01540 (2020).